Tuesday, June 2, 2009

{#4} a sleepover at grandma's house...

may 31st, who said a 20 year old can't sleep & play at grandma's?
just me, mom, and grandma {three generations} had a sleepover. it was perfect. this is briefly what we did.
We ate homemade tomato basil soup. laughed. mother napped, grandma told me stories. she showed me family antiques like great grandpa's bifocals. i held a 150 year old purse. i pretended to shave my face. she showed me an old book. looked at photos. we played dress up, i wore a real 1920's flapper dress and hat {my fav.}. i wore one of my grandma's suits. i danced around in it. i saw all her old camera's and fell in love. we laughed some more. mother played with my hair. we watched pride and prejudice:). slept in my moms old room. it was perfect.
Me and my beautiful grandma

Me in a REAL flapper dress/hat from 1920's

This is how men shaved...scary

Great grandpa's bifocals, haha i think i'll stick to contacts, thanks.

ok this counts as #5... i'm rockin my grandma's suit! she really wore this. i'm much taller than my grandma and the pants were the perfect length on me? she said the reason was because they wore the pants up on the stomachs then now we like low rise. haha sometimes i wish i lived in a different era. 1920's, 30's, 50's, 60's....any please.

there may be more sleepovers at grandma's in the future.

0 comments: