Sunday, February 15, 2009

Choreography Design Project

Recently the ballet company I dance for, Utah Regional Ballet, had a performance. I love performing. It honestly is the greatest feeling when you are on stage expressing yours or someone Else's thoughts through movement. When I don't dance anymore, I hope I still have opportunities to perform even though it probably wont be up on a stage. I've noticed that one of my favorite parts of performing is the unity it brings to us as a company. We have to learn to work together but also trust together. Our performance was called, "Choreography Design Project." Several choreographers signed up hoping to win and have their piece in the show. It all came down to 6 total choreographers and they only had two weeks to teach us our material before we would perform. It may had been a bit stressful for both us dancers and the choreographers but the show came together and was wonderful!

0 comments: